USE OF VOLUME DATA TO REPRODUCE RAMP-TO-RAMP FREEWAY TRIP PATTERNS - A PILOT STUDY
The report presents the results of a pilot study to determine the utility of developing a particular travel forecasting technique. The technique in question is a gravity-based model which requires ramp volume data as inputs. The model is used to forecast ramp-to-ramp trip tables. The preliminary study indicates that this technique is sufficiently accurate to warrant further investigation.
- Record URL:
University of Washington, SeattleDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering, P.O. Box 352700
Seattle, WA United States 98195-2700
Washington State Department of HighwaysHighway Administration Building
Olympia, WA United States 98501
- Nihan, N L
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Estimates; Forecasting; Forest roads; Freeways; Gravity models; Highway transportation; Mathematical models; Pilot studies; Ramps (Interchanges); Traffic engineering; Traffic forecasting; Traffic volume; Travel; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Freeway ramps; Pilot study
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00305532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WSDOT-35.1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM