ESTECH GENERAL CHEMICALS CORPORATION, DUETTE MINE, MANATEE COUNTY, FLORIDA. RESOURCE DOCUMENT: ALTERNATIVES EVALUATION DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT
The document presents the alternatives to the proposed activity by the Estech General Chemicals Corporation (Swift) at the Duette Mine. The Corporation's objectives and its proposed action to achieve the objective are included for comparison to each alternative. The alternative assessments included herein are those of location of plant site, annual production rate of phosphate rock, resource recovery, processes for mining and beneficiation, water supply, waste disposal and reclamation techniques within the mining plan, location of discharges into the surface water system, rock drying, transportation modes from the Duette site to a port destination, power sources, and no-action.
- Prepared in cooperation with Conservation Consultants, Inc., Palmetto, FL.
Zellars-Williams, IncorporatedLakeland, FL United States
Environmental Protection AgencyRegion IV, 345 Cortland Street, NW
Atlanta, GA United States 30308
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Alternatives analysis; Assessments; Economic development; Environmental impact statements; Environmental impacts; Fertilizers; Freight transportation; Groundwater; Mining; Mining engineering; Natural resources; Phosphate rock; Phosphates; Plant location; Production; Solid waste disposal; Transportation; Water pollution; Water resources
- Uncontrolled Terms: Industrial development
- Geographic Terms: Florida
- Old TRIS Terms: Open pit mining; Phosphate deposits; Water supply
- Subject Areas: Environment; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00305457
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/904/9-79/044K
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM