TRANSPORTATION NEEDS FOR THE ELDERLY, HANDICAPPED AND LOW INCOME OF MISSISSIPPI
The Statewide public transportation study has been published in four volumes. The first volume is a summary report of public transportation services in Mississippi. The present role of public transportation in the state and future alternative directions are outlined in this summary report. The second volume investigates special transportation services in the state. An inventory of special transportation services and analysis of transportation demands and vehicle needs along with alternatives for coordination of these services has been included in this volume. A manual of federal programs that provide funds for transportation services, both rural and urban, was compiled to aid transportation agencies and communities in Mississippi in developing comprehensive, balanced transportation programs. This federal programs manual is the third volume of the seris. The final volume is a public transportation directory of agencies providing services throughout Mississippi.
- Sponsored in part by Mississippi State Highway Dept., Jackson., and Mississippi Council on Aging.
Hensley-Schmidt, Incorporated512 East Pearle Street
Jackson, MI United States 39201
Mississippi State Highway DepartmentP.O. Box 1850
Jackson, MI United States 39215
- Van Sickel, K
- Heathington, K W
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Coordination; Demand; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Finance; Level of service; Low income groups; Manuals; Needs assessment; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Rural areas; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban areas; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Services; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Mississippi
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Society; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00305408
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM