RAILROAD ACCIDENT REPORTS - BRIEF FORMAT, ISSUE NUMBER 2, 1978. REPORT FOR FY 1977 AND 1978
The publication contains briefs of selected railroad accidents occurring in U.S. railroad operations during fiscal years 1977 and 1978. the brief format presents basic facts, conditions, circumstances, and probable cause(s) in each instance. Additional statistical information is tabulated by types of accidents, and casualties related to types of accidents, carriers involved, and causal factors.
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Accident Investigation, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1979-8-23
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Collisions; Common carriers; Crash data; Crash investigation; Crash reports; Crashes; Derailments; Human factors; Maintenance; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Statistics; Traffic crashes; Trespassers
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00305343
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-RAB-79-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM