ANALYSIS OF COMPETITIVE PRACTICES IN THE MARITIME INDUSTRY
The report presents the results of a study into the competitive practices in the U.S. liner segment of the maritime industry. It begins with an introductory economic analysis of the industry and proceeds to a discussion of the methodology which resulted in the identification of fifty-nine separate issues that appear to have an adverse impact on the industry's efficiency and productivity. Research topics addressing each of the fifty-nine issues are then mentioned. An analysis of the topics follow in order to determine which appear to be most appropriate and fruitful for sponsorship as research projects by the Maritime Administration.
- Research Report.
Webb Institute of Naval ArchitectureCenter for Maritime Studies
Glen Cove, NY United States 11542
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY United States 11024
- MARSHALL, R B
- Sletmo, G K
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Economic analysis; Economic efficiency; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; International trade; Liner shipping; Marketing; Organization; Physical distribution; Productivity; Rate making; Rates; Research; Shipping; Taxes; Technological innovations; Trend (Statistics); Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Maritime research; Organization theory; Rates costs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00305286
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-187
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-4292
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM