ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT. AIDJEX BULLETIN NO. 22, AUGUST 1973. ARCTIC DATA BUOYS
AIDJEX Bulletin No. 22 discusses some of the progress made in arctic data buoy technology in both the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. in recent years. Contributions include a history of the Soviet DARMS program and its results to date; a discussion of the SHRAMS and LORANS data telemetry systems developed by Delco Electronics and results of their deployment in the Arctic; an article on the use of the Navy Navigation Satellite Sytems for determining the position of a drifting buoy; a discussion of the Arctic Data Buoy developed by the National Data Buoy Office of NOAA and some results of its deployment in the Arctic; and two papers on barometric pressure measurements from data buoys.
- See also AIDJEX-Bull-20 dated May 73, PB-222057 and AIDJEX-Bull-19 dated March 73, PB-221039.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA United States 98105
- Martin, P
- Johnson, Andrew M.
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Drift ice; Ice; Operations; Pack ice; Weather forecasting
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic operations; Ice reporting
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051745
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIDJEX-Bull-22
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 17 1974 12:00AM