NOISE LEVELS AND FLIGHT PROFILES OF EIGHT HELICOPTERS USING PROPOSED INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION PROCEDURES
This document reports the findings of helicopter noise tests conducted at the FAA National Aviation Facility Experimental Center (nafec), located in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The tests were conducted with the following objectives: first, determine the feasibility of a takeoff procedure for helicopter noise certification; second, establish a data base of helicopter noise levels to be used in defining noise standards; third, acquire helicopter acoustical spectral data for a variety of acoustical angles for use in the FAA Integrated Noise Model. This report addresses the first two objectives.
- Supersedes Preliminary report dated 29 Aug 78 and Addendum to the Preliminary report dated 8 Sep 78.
Washington, DC United States 20591
- NEWMAN, J S
- Rickley, E J
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 298 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Certification; Data collection; Flight; Helicopters; Information processing; International; International compacts; Mathematical models; Measurement; Noise; Regression analysis; Sound level; Standardization; Standards; Takeoff
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines; Models; Profiles
- Geographic Terms: France; Germany; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Flight profiles; Noise sound
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00304975
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-AEE-79-03 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM