SERVICE AND METHODS DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The objectives of the program are to: (1) provide more efficient and effective public transportation service; (2) bring about the use of local regulatory and pricing authority to encourage ridesharing and transit use; (3) develop a mix of innovative transit service models that appeal to a wide range of user groups; (4) integrate the use of private and public providers into a comprehensive set of public transportation services; (5) develop information to assist local, state, and Federal policy formulation; (6) guide an improved level of local response to UMTA regulations concerning transportation system management (TSM), elderly and handicapped, and Alternatives Analysis. This Executive Summary contains a summary of the contents of the Service and Methods Demonstration Program Annual Report for fiscal year 1978.
- See also report dated July 78, PB-292008.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Spear, B D
- Casey, R
- KENDALL, D
- Ott, M
- PAGE, E
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Demonstration projects; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Level of service; Measures of effectiveness; Needs assessment; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Ridership; Systems engineering; Technological innovations; Traffic engineering; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Transportation system management; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Federal programs; Services; Transportation management; User needs
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00304794
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-004907907Ann Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 15 1981 12:00AM