FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION ENERGY USE. VOLUME II - METHODOLOGY AND PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION
The structure and logic of the transportation network model component of the TSC Freight Energy Model are presented. The model assigns given origin-destination commodity flows to specific transport modes and routes, thereby determining the traffic load placed upon each network element, and produces transportation cost, transit time, and energy-use estimates at several levels of detail. User and programmer instructions, including input data formats, program computation methods, and program output descriptions and examples are provided.
- See also Volume 1, PB-301153 and Volume 3, PB-301155. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E12, PB-301 152-SET.
CACI, Incorporated1815 North Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA USA 22209
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Department of TransportationOffice of Systems Engineering, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bronzini, M S
- Miller, R C
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 227 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Commodity flow; Competition; Computer programs; Costs; Demand; Economic analysis; Economics; Energy; Energy conservation; Energy consumption; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Instruments for measuring time; Long range planning; Mathematical models; Modal analysis; Modal split; Mode choice; Mode S; Network analysis (Planning); Networks; Origin and destination; Right angle collisions; Traffic loads; Transportation; Transportation modes; Travel time
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Long term; Network flows; Transportation models; Transportation networks
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Energy demand; Energy intensiveness; Time measurement
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00304704
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-79-1VOL2Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1252-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 15 1980 12:00AM