SLRV (STANDARD LIGHT RAIL VEHICLE) ENGINEERING TESTS AT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, TRANSPORTATION TEST CENTER. FINAL TEST REPORT. VOLUME I - INTRODUCTION
The Standard Light Rail Vehicle (SLRV) is a 71-foot vehicle, articulated to negotiate curves down to 32-foot radius and designed to operate at speeds up to 50 mph. Although the basic configuration and performance is standardized, the current operating properties (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority and San Francisco Municipal Railway) have specified individual requirements for auxiliary equipment and passenger accommodation. Engineering testing on the SLRV was conducted by the Boeing Vertol Company at the Transportation Test Center in Pueblo, Colorado in accordance with the General Vehicle Test Plans (GSP-064), which are designed to provide the data necessary for quantitative comparison of different transit cars. This report presents the results of the series of tests conducted. The general objective of the test program was to establish a data baseline for the SLRV obtained in accordance with the General Vehicle Test Plans and to provide further experience in the use of the Test Plans in testing urban rail vehicles. Volume I contains a description of the SLRV Test Program and the vehicle, and a summary of the test results.
- Record URL:
- See also RRIS 03 304696; Bulletin 8001. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E10, PB-301 145-SET.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Data collection; Equipment; Instrumentation; Light rail vehicles; Performance evaluations; Performance tests; Rapid transit; Specifications; Statistics; Test vehicles; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Technology Center
- Old TRIS Terms: Equipment specifications; Rapid transit railways; Test cars
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00304697
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA7927VOL1Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0025-79-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1062
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 15 1982 12:00AM