PRT (PERSONAL RAPID TRANSIT) IMPACT STUDY. OPERATIONAL PHASE. VOLUME I: TRAVEL ANALYSIS
To study the impact of the Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) on Morgantown, a substantial amount of data was collected in an attempt to capture the state of transportation related conditions before and after passenger service. This report contains an analysis of the latter set of data; namely, that collected in the spring of 1977. The data described in this report, together with those reported in the Pre-PRT Phase, allows assessment of the PRT system impacts on the city of Morgantown. The completed assessment provides other cities considering implementation of AGT systems, sufficiently detailed information to determine whether they can effectively and efficiently utilize a Morgantown type PRT system to satisfy their transportation needs.
- See also Volume 2, PB-300341, PB-300343 and report dated Mar 76, PB-254481. Also available in set of 3 reports, PB-300340-SET.
West Virginia University, MorgantownMorgantown, WV United States 26506
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- ELIAS, SEG
- Ward, R E
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Before and after studies; Competition; Data analysis; Demonstration projects; Impact studies; Mathematical analysis; Personal rapid transit; Ridership; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Morgantown (West Virginia)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00304631
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0026-79-2Final Rpt., DOT-TSC-UMTA-79-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1316
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 15 1982 12:00AM