BRIDGE RATING AND ANALYSIS STRUCTURAL SYSTEM (BRASS). VOLUME III. SUPPLEMENTAL USER'S MANUAL FOR THE REVISED VERSION MADE IN 1977
This system has been developed so that a designer or user may design, review or load rate structures. For example, in the design phase of a concrete structure, the user would make a preliminary layout of his structure and ask the computer to give him the amount of steel in the concrete sections that is required and the actual stresses in all parts of the section that is critical. In the review and rating phase, the user would code the data from "as constructed" plans and inspection reports. This system was originally designed for use with "working stress" design procedures. However, because of the trend toward "ultimate strength" design, the capability of obtaining load factored moments, shears, and reactions has been added to the system. The capability of design and load rating is only valid for working stress methods. This system will also design, review and load rate transversely reinforced concrete deck slabs and timber decks.
- See also Volume 2, PB-299802. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E12, PB-299 800-SET.
Wyoming State Highway Department,
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Bridge design; Bridge foundations; Bridges; Computer programming; Concrete; Dynamic loads; Girders; Highway bridges; Loads; Manuals; Mathematical models; Reinforced concrete bridges; Reinforcing steel; Reviews; Static loads; Stresses; Structural analysis; Structural design; Timber
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading
- Geographic Terms: Wyoming
- Old TRIS Terms: Timber (Structural)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00304622
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 15 1980 12:00AM