AGT GUIDEWAY AND STATION TECHNOLOGY. VOLUME 8. WEATHER PROTECTION CONCEPTS
The objective of the project is to develop guideway, station, and weather protection concepts which will reduce the cost and implementation time associated with AGT systems as well as to improve performance. In Volume 8, weather protection concepts are presented for guideways associated with AGT systems, with emphasis on minimizing costs and energy consumption while maximizing system operability/reliability during winter weather. The concepts include a comparison of embedded pipe and electric heating systems with varied heated widths, heating densities, and amount of utilization.
- See also Volume 2, PB-281632.
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60601
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Stevens, R D
- Nicarico, T J
- McGean, T J
- Easley, S M
- Easley, T L
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 249 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Cold weather; Consumption rates; Costs; Demand; Electric power supply; Freezing; Guideways; Heat insulating materials; Heating; Operations; Rapid transit; Reliability; Structural design; Weather; Weatherproofing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Covering; Electric power demand; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00304616
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0152-79-7Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70066
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 15 1982 12:00AM