TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION. VOLUME 6. AUGUST, 1978-JULY, 1979 (CITATIONS FROM THE ENGINEERING INDEX DATA BASE)
Unique tunneling methods, cost studies, tunnel support innovations, tunneling machines, and soil and rock properties encountered are investigated in these reports gathered in a worldwide literature survey. Vehicular, water, sewage, and mine tunnels are reviewed. Finite element analysis is used extensively for investigation of soil and rock mechanics.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Habercom Jr, G E
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Analysis; Bibliographies; Construction; Costs; Excavation and tunneling; Finite element method; Geological events; Physical properties; Properties of materials; Reviews; Rock mechanics; Rocks; Soil mechanics; Soils; Tunnel lining; Tunneling; Tunneling machines; Underground structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Cost analysis; Soil properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Geological conditions; Rock properties; Tunnel excavation; Underground supporting
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00304456
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1980 12:00AM