AUTOMOBILE EXHAUST GASES IN CITY-LIKE ENVIRONMENT: MODEL AND MODEL TESTING
The development of a dispersion model for automobile exhaust gases, emitted in city-like environment is discussed. The model is meant to be used practically in Swedish urban areas. In connection with traffic planning there is a great need for a handy calculation method, i.e., a method by which one can calculate with purposeful precision the concentrations of air pollutants in different streets and for different traffic situations. In its existing condition, the model cannot be used practically for traffic planning. For this purpose further work must be done, and proposals are made for such work. The model should be corrected with the help of existing data so that the calculated and the measured concentrations will correlate better. The model should be tested and developed for other kinds of streets and other substances than carbon monoxide. Inventories of emissions, calculations and measurements have been done in connection with the model development. This work is unique compared with what has been done previously in this field in Sweden. As, for example, the work has resulted in better understanding of what the traffic patterns and meteorological conditions mean to the air pollution situation. By measuring carbon monoxide, valuable experience has been gained in techniques for measurement and estimations. The measurements are valuable as documentation.
- U.S. Sales Only.
National Swedish Environmental Protection BoardSmedesvagen 5, Fack
S-171 20 Solna, Sweden
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 239 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automobiles; Carbon monoxide; Concentration (Chemistry); Contaminants; Exhaust gases; Graphs; Highway planning; Mathematical models; Measurement; Measuring methods; Meteorology; Pollutants; Tables (Data); Traffic; Travel patterns; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concentration; Experimental data
- Old TRIS Terms: Dispersion; Tables; Theoretical data; Traffic planning
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00304278
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1981 12:00AM