FINANCING TRANSPORTATION IN CALIFORNIA. VOLUME II: BACKGROUND
Volume II of the California Transportation Commission's Biennial Report is an informational background document. It contains five major sections. The first, 'California's Transportation System', describes the current transportation system, how it works and how it's paid for. The second section, 'The System's Problems', outlines its major problems. The third section, 'Transportation Policies' summarizes existing Federal and State administration transportation policies. The fourth section, 'Making the Best Use of What We Have', discusses means for making the most efficient use of the existing transportation system. The fifth section, 'Future Financial Investments', examines recent financial needs studies and their limitations as a means of objectively identifying an overview of deficiencies and 'needed' improvements in the State's transportation system.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E07, PB-298179-SET.
McDonald (Angus) and Associates50 Fairlawn Drive
Berkeley, CA United States 94708
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA United States
- Publication Date: 1979-4-27
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Financing; Improvements; Legislation; Needs assessment; Planning; Policy; Revenues; Specifications; State government; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation policy; Transportation system management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00304250
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MCD-78/642/VOL-2 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1980 12:00AM