TIRE TEST VARIABILITY
In order to determine the effects of the twin small-roll dynamometer on tire rolling resistance, EPA has undertaken a program to measure tire rolling resistance on both a twin small-roll dynamometer and a single large-roll dynamometer. The results generated on the single large-roll dynamometer will then be corrected to a flat surface (the road) and a correlation between the twin small-roll dynamometer and the road established with regard to tire rolling resistance. In order to estimate the accuracy of these measurements, three (3) sets of tires (2 tires are a set), each set of different construction type (radial, bias belted, and bias ply), were tested repeatedly under the same conditions (vertical load, cold tire pressure, etc.) on the single large-roll dynamometer. The results of these tests are discussed in this report.
Environmental Protection AgencyStandards Development & Support Branch, 2565 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48105
- Burgeson, R N
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Correlation analysis; Dynamometers; Live loads; Measurement; Nondestructive tests; Rolling; Rolling contact; Rolling friction; Surface course (Pavements); Tires; Variables
- Old TRIS Terms: Resistance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00304245
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: LDTP-78-01 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1981 12:00AM