POTENTIAL ONSHORE EFFECTS OF DEEPWATER OIL TERMINAL-RELATED INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT. VOLUME I. PART ONE. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The onshore, or secondary, effects of deepwater terminal development on each of five areas selected as terminal locations. The five locations are Machias, Maine; the vicinity of Sandy Hook, New Jersey; the Delaware Bay (New Jersey); Grand Isle, Louisiana; and Freeport, Texas. The relative impacts of a terminal in each area affect the relative suitability of each area as a terminal site. Relative impacts include the additional industrial development, production employment, air and water pollution, land use, population changes, etc., resulting from terminal development. For each of the five sites studied, an economic and environmental profile as of 1970 was developed for the terminal area itself and the larger land region surrounding the terminal area. Projections were made of the economic growth of each terminal area and associated region for the years 1985 and 2000 to establish a base or reference line against which the impact of a deepwater facility might be assessed.
- See also Volume 2 Part 2, Mid Atlantic Region, PB-224019/0, Part 3, Maine, Repr PC $6.25, Microfiche $1.45; Volume 3 Part 4, Gulf Coast Region, PB-224020/8, Repr PC $6.25, Microfiche $1.45; Volume 4 Part 5, Appendices, PB-224021/6, Repr PC $6.25, Microfiche $1.45. Paper copy also available from NTIS $18.00/set of 4 reports as PB-224 017-SET.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Coasts; Crude oil; Deepwater harbors; Development; Economic analysis; Economic development; Economic factors; Environment; Forecasting; Impacts; Intermodal terminals; Land use; Marine terminals; Petroleum refineries; Petroleum terminals; Pollution; Port operations; Ports; Supertankers; Surveys; Tankers; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys; Refineries; Tanker ships; Terminal development
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00051708
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: EQC-220t
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1974 12:00AM