THE SHIP'S BRIDGE AND WHEELHOUSE ERGONOMICS DESIGN STUDY FOR THE UK DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRY
The aims of the study were to establish the functions of the bridge, formulate principles of bridge design and prepare a Draft Code of Practice for bridge design. Analysis of the collected data of bridge activities from a number of different type was carried out to obtain information on personnel movements, interaction and frequency of movements and task performance, and length of time spent in use of equipment. The Draft Code of Practice contains design recommendations in a number of vital areas, including structural, environment, layout, and equipment design. Order from BSRA as No. 51,884.
- From the First International Conference, February 1977.
Human Factors in Ship Design and OperationGothenburg, Sweden
- Mayfield, T F
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge design; Bridges; Bridges (Ships); Ergonomics; Human factors engineering; Personnel performance; Shipboard personnel; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge personnel; Human performance
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00303909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1980 12:00AM