PEDESTRIAN AND VEHICULAR MANAGEMENT IN THE CBD
This paper is issued as a supplementary paper and is concerned with pedestrian and vehicular management in the central area of Brisbane, and particularly, the impact of the opinions and expressed desires of various bodies. These include the Brisbane development association representing community interests, the Brisbane city council, and politicians, these particular forces being highlighted. The policies, objectives and/or proposals of the groups concerned are documented and compared. Conclusions are drawn revealing the spreading and acceptance of similar objectives by all concerned bodies. Whereas the objectives or proposals are rarely innovative or adventurous the similarities point to a broad agreement within the community in terms of its needs and desires. (TRRL)
- Papers from Institution of Engineers, Australia, Diamond Jubilee Conference, Perth, 1979.
Institution of Engineers11 National Circuit
Barton, A.C.T., Australia
- EPPELL, VAT
- Harding, CHV
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Business districts; Central business districts; Conferences; Pedestrians; Public opinion; Social values; Traffic control; Vehicles
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 8006: Australia; 302: Business district; 8525: Conference; 1733: Pedestrian; 1255: Vehicle
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Society; Vehicles and Equipment; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00303817
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 31 1980 12:00AM