IN SITU PRESSUREMETER TESTING: A STATE-OF-THE ART REPORT
Two types of pressuremeter are currently in use in Australia to obtain in situ soil and weathered rock strength and deformation parameters for civil engineering applications. One type is inserted in a pre-bored hole and the other has self-boring capabilities for minimizing disturbance in soft fine-grained soils. This paper reviews, for both types, the information which can be derived from the test results, the conditions to which they are best suited, and the current usage in Australia. /TRRL/
- Papers from the Institution of Engineers, Australia, Diamond Jubiliee Conference, Perth, 1979.
Institution of Engineers11 National Circuit
Barton, A.C.T., Australia
- JEWELL, R J
- Walker, L K
- Smith, I M
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Boreholes; Conferences; Deformation; Field tests; Instruments for measuring loads or pressure; Pressiometric probes; Pressure gages; Rocks; Soils; State of the art reports; State of the art studies; Strength of materials; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pressiometer; Soil deformation
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Insitu methods
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 5711: Bore hole; 8525: Conference; 5595: Deformation; 6226: In situ; 6128: Pressiometer; 4154: Rock; 4156: Soil; 8588: State of the art report; 5544: Strength (mater)
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00303776
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM