MVSS 105A-HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEMS-VEHICLE TEST PROGRAM
Five vehicles were tested to Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 105a, Hydraulic Brake Systems, to determine the degree current production (1973) braking systems comply with the 1976 model year requirements. A large school bus, a motor home, a compact pickup truck, a four-wheel drive carryall and a passenger car were instrumented and utilized as test vehicles. The report presents a description of the test program and an analysis of the results. It includes: descriptions of test vehicles, instrumentation and the test site; detailed data sheets; vehicle performance summaries and graphs; and a discussion of results.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- RADLINSKI, R W
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 220 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Braking; Buses; Design standards; Evaluation; Hydraulic brakes; Motor vehicles; Passenger vehicles; Reliability; Tests; Trucks
- Identifier Terms: U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhtsa
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051678
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-800-978 Final Rpt
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 5 1974 12:00AM