AMF AND FIAT ESVS - VEHICLE-TO-VEHICLE IMPACT TESTS
A 75-mph closure front-to-front impact test and a 60-mph front-to-rear impact test were conducted between a 1500-pound class Fiat Experimental Safety Vehicle (ESV) and a 5200-pound AMF Inc. ESV, to determine the structural response of the Fiat ESV when involved in collisions with a larger ESV, and to determine the ability of the velocity-sensitive front end of the AMF ESV to accommodate lightweight vehicles. A theoretical energy absorption analysis was conducted for the front-to-front test.
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Collisions; Crash injury research; Design standards; Impact tests; Motor vehicle bodies; Research; Safety engineering; Safety vehicles; Structural design
- Identifier Terms: U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Nhtsa
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00051675
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2310-73-61 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-046-2-468
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 5 1974 12:00AM