AUTOMOTIVE TAPE RECORDER. VOLUME 5. DATA PROCESSING AND POST-CALIBRATION
The volume discusses procedures in detail for processing the digital data recorded on magnetic tape by the Automotive Tape Recorder, Avco Part Number 323600. The recorded data includes pre-crash and crash measurements of speed, brake pressure, steering wheel motion and accelerations in three axes. The format of the recorded data is presented in graphic form. Typical equipment for processing and displaying the data is identified. Characteristics of transducers for vehicle measurements are discussed for use in post-calibration of the instruments. This is volume 5 of 5.
- Supersedes PB-219 999. Paper copy also available from NTIS $13.00/set of 5 reports as PB-225 781-SET.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA USA 01887
- LeFebre, D
- D'Auteuil, R
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Braking; Calibration; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Data processing; Magnetic tapes; Measurement; Passenger vehicles; Recording; Research; Tape recorders; Traffic crashes; Transducers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital recording; Magnetic recording
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00051674
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AVSD-0135-72-CR-VOL5Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7603
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 5 1974 12:00AM