CRITERIA AND ALTERNATIVES IN THE SELECTION OF NOISE ABATEMENT STRATEGIES
The impact of economic and demographic pressures on noise legislation and abatement strategies is examined with the purpose of anticipating the evolution of noise control trends. After examining various facets of the relation between socio-economic factors and various noise problems, motor vehicle noise is selected as an example for detailed analysis.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, New York, New York, December 2-7, 1979.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Junger, M C
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Environmental protection; Legislation; Noise control; Regulations; Socioeconomic factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Law; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00303616
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 79-WA/DSC-6 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM