PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING: 1978-1979 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE LOCOMOTIVES
This report covers motive power designs that have been delivered and developments undertaken in the survey period of September 1, 1978 to September 1, 1979. Data and photographs for ten new diesel locomotives, three new electric locomotives and two trainsets are presented as reported by builders and trade journals.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, New York, New York, December 2-7, 1979.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Baker, P H
- Schulze, F W
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Design; Diesel electric locomotives; Diesel hydraulic locomotives; Electric locomotives; Locomotives; Multiple unit trains; Technology; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive cab design; Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00303615
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 79-WA/RT-17 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM