PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (1978-79) REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE--CARS AND EQUIPMENT
This survey of the Annual ASME report covers some of the major developments in rail freight and passenger equipment made public in the last calendar year. It covers worldwide developments. In the freight area, developments are mainly aimed at the transport of bulk materials. The passenger developments cover improved concepts in commuters, rapid transit and light rail vehicles.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, New York, New York, December 2-7, 1979.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersThree Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- MANOS, W P
- AINSWORTH, M
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter cars; Covered hopper cars; Freight cars; Light rail vehicles; Open top cars; Passenger cars; Technology; Tilting trains; Unit trains; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car design; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00303603
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 79-WA/RT-5 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM