AUTOMOTIVE TAPE RECORDER. VOLUME 1. DESIGN AND PRELIMINARY DEVELOPMENT
The requirements for a sensing and recording device for use in passenger vehicles are listed with a discussion of how the requirements are met with a prototype unit which was fabricated and assembled. A complete description of the electronic circuits for conditioning signals from remote transducer is included with a signal processing technique for recording data on a magnetic tape system. Laboratory tests on critical elements of the recording devices are discussed and the results of the tests are noted to show feasibility of the design. This is Volume 1 of 5 volumes. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- Supersedes PB-213 449. Paper copy also available from NTIS $13.00/set of 5 reports as PB-225 781-SET.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA USA 01887
- Conlon, CMJ
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 169 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Data processing; Data processing operations; Detectors; Electric circuits; Feasibility analysis; Magnetic tapes; Passenger vehicles; Pulse code modulation; Recording instruments; Research; Signal processing; Tape recorders; Traffic crashes; Transducers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Circuits; Magnetic recording
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00051670
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7603
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1974 12:00AM