DEVELOPMENT OF MITSUI MEDIUM SPEED ENGINES
Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Company have developed a new, four-stroke, medium-speed Diesel engine designated L/V 42 M as a main propulsion plant for marine applications. The main features of the engine, which has a cylinder output of 750 bhp are; strong and sturdy frame structure; easy maintenance; and simplified lubricating oil and cooling water lines. In this paper, the structural characteristics which have realized these aims are described, and the results of bench tests are presented and discussed. The paper concludes with some comments on the various types of reduction gearing which are available for the new engine. Order from BSRA as No. 51,753.
- Held 13-15 November 1978.
International Symposium on Marine EngineeringTokyo, Japan
- MIYAKE, M
- Danjoh, Y
- Mizuhara, S
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooling systems; Diesel engines; Electric power plants; Equipment tests; Lubrication; Reduction gears; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel cooling; Diesel lubrication; Diesel maintenance; Diesel testing; Medium speed diesels; Power plant analysis
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00303334
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper A-16 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1980 12:00AM