VV-CCP ENGINE PLANT WITH SHAFT GENERATOR AND THE RESULTS OF TWO YEAR'S SERVICE
An outline is given of the design of the Mitsubishi M.A.N. V52/55 ship propulsion plant developed as part of the energy-saving programme following the oil crisis of 1973. This plant comprises one set of Mitsubishi M.A.N. 12V52/55 and 14V52/55 medium-speed Diesel engines driving a controllable-pitch propeller and a shaft generator. The control and maintenance systems are briefly described and the results of two years' service in LPG carriers are discussed. Order from BSRA as No. 51,768.
- Held 13-15 November 1978.
International Symposium on Marine EngineeringTokyo, Japan
- Acki, E
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Controllable pitch propellers; Diesel engines; Electric power plants; Fuel conservation; Generators; Liquefied gases; Liquefied petroleum gas; Operations; Performance; Shafts (Machinery); Tankers; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel control systems; Diesel maintenance; Medium speed diesels; Power plant operation; Power plant performance; Shaft generators
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00303322
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper B-17 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1980 12:00AM