INTEGRATED TRAFFIC RECORDS SYSTEM
The conversion of a manual system of traffic collision records to computer readable data files is described. Three master files were developed: collision master file, intersection master file, and road register master file. The data are processed through San Diego County's computerized traffic accident information system. The system provides more information than was possible through the manual method thus enabling the staff to provide a higher level of service in identification and more surveillance of high accident locations, traffic control devices, and police personnel assignment. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- Prepared by La Mesa Dept. of Public Works, Calif.
California Office of Traffic Safety7000 Franklin Boulevard
Sacramento, CA USA 95823
- Bras, C R
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Data processing; Deployment; Highway traffic control; Police; Research; Traffic crashes
- Identifier Terms: U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: California; La Mesa (California)
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhtsa
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00051643
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1974 12:00AM