TRANSPORT REVIEW-TRENDS AND SELECTED ISSUES
This review presents the results of continuous monitoring of a major transport statistical series as well as outlines some of the major transport areas. Part 1 of this volume examines statistical trends and makes international comparisons. Chapter 1 considers the transport sector within the general framework of the Canadian economy. Chapter 2, 3, 4 and 5 consider the rail mode, the airline industry, the water mode, and highway transport respectively. Chapter 6 examines government transport expenditures and private transport investment. Chapter 7 attempts international comparisons of transport statistics. The public hearing process followed by the Canadian Transport Commission is outlined in Chapter 8. Chapter 9 examines the transport user's point of view, as revealed in market research surveys. Studies of productivity changes in Canadian railway and airline industries are summarized in Chapter 10. Shipping conferences operating in Canada are discussed in Chapter 11. Chapter 12 discusses our transport research including mainline and regional carriers as well as local service air carriers.
Canadian Transport CommissionResearch Division, 275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0N9, Canada
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Consumer behavior; Economics; Expenditures; Highway transportation; Investments; Market research; Productivity; Public hearings; Railroad transportation; Research; Statistics; Transportation; Transportation operations; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration; Transportation research; User reactions
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Research; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00303073
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1980 12:00AM