INTRODUCTORY LECTURE NOTES: 1. COMPACTION 2. PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATION OF SOIL STABILISATION 3. PAVEMENT DESIGN
These introductory lecture notes form the basis for a series of lectures designed for final year civil engineering students or as a refresher course for practising engineers. They do not provide a full course in themselves, but require the lecturer (and students) to draw upon the additional material in Appendix D for detail depending upon the importance of these lectures in the full course of study. As this set of notes formed a small part only of a soil mechanics course, it is assured that the lecturer (and students) are familiar with soil classification and soil drainage and have some knowledge of stress distribution in layered systems. (Author/TRRL)
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Metcalf, J B
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Civil engineering; Compaction; Lectures; Pavement design; Soil mechanics; Soil stabilization; Tests
- ITRD Terms: 3686: Compaction; 8516: Lecture; 3055: Pavement design; 3689: Soil stabilization; 6255: Test
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I33: Other Materials used in Pavement Layers;
- Accession Number: 00303042
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res Rpt. No. 47 Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 30 1980 12:00AM