DIAMOND INTERCHANGE TRAFFIC CONTROL. VOLUME 10. DESIGN MANUAL FOR COMPUTERIZED TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEM
A computerized traffic control system was designed, developed, implemented, and successfully tested and demonstrated at the Western Avenue interchange of the Santa Monica freeway. The summary document of a 16 volume series describes the design configuration of this traffic-responsive, second-generation traffic control system. The hardware configuration of the system and the real-time control program elements are described. The system was designed so that modifications and adjustments can be made conveniently. The system parameters affecting the operation are identified, and their effect on system operation is indicated. Preferred operational configurations which have evolved are described alone with preferred modes of system operation.
- See also Volume 9, PB-224 160.
Systems Development Corporation2500 Colorado Avenue
Santa Monica, CA USA
- Torres, J F
- Banks, T E
- Barooshian, C T
- Stone, W H
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 188 p.
- TRT Terms: Cities; Cities and towns; Computer programming; Control devices; Control systems; Design; Diamond interchanges; Field tests; Highway traffic control; Information display systems; Interchanges; Magnetic tapes; Measurement; Performance evaluations; Real time control; Systems engineering; Traffic safety; Traffic signals
- Identifier Terms: Santa Monica Freeway
- Old TRIS Terms: Display devices; Magnetic recording; Real time operation
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00051607
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7568
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1974 12:00AM