DRAINAGE COLLECTION SYSTEMS WEST GATE FREEWAY, SOUTH MELBOURNE
This paper discusses two separate investigations into drainage collection systems for the West Gate Freeway, South Melbourne section. The investigations were carried out by the country roads board, victoria during 1977. The first section of the paper deals with the hydraulic analysis of a grated trench system for a pavement with very flat longitudinal grades. A method was adapted from the numerical integration technique for analysing spatially varied flow in side channel spillways. The second section of the paper deals with hydraulic testing of grated pits for the elevated structure. Inlet capture is related to pavement run-off to assist in the development of a design method for pit location. (TRRL)
- Presented at the Pavement Surface Drainage Symposium, Sydney, New South Wales, 2-3 May 1979.
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Rhodes, K W
- Lumsden, A D
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Design; Drainage; Flow; Freeways; Gutters; Hydraulics; Hydrologic phenomena; Pavement design; Pavements; Runoff; Spillways; Surface drainage
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway drainage
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 8525: Conference; 9011: Design (overall design); 4323: Discharge (flow); 2937: Drainage; 2949: Gutter; 2955: Pavement; 4329: Run off
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Pavements; I26: Water Run-off - Freeze-thaw;
- Accession Number: 00302768
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 15 1980 12:00AM