CONDITION RESPONSIVE CONTROL APPARATUS
The invention relates to sobriety testing devices and, more particularly, to an interlock device coupled to the ignition system of a motor vehicle so that an operator of the motor vehicle is required to pass a sobriety test prior to vehicle operation, the device is reliable, can be supplied at low cost and effectively discriminates between sober and intoxicated states for different persons without requiring different thresholds.
- Final Technical Report. Government-owned invention available for licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI United States
- Sussman, E D
- Warner, A
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohol ignition interlock devices; Alcohol use; Alcoholism; Automobiles; Canal lock operations; Ignition; Patent applications; Safety equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Gpdot
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00051599
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-SA-73-5
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1974 12:00AM