DE-ICING AND ICE PREVENTIVE COMPOSITION AND PROCESS
The present invention relates to a de-icing and ice preventive composition in the form of a reversible gel-sol, for application to surfaces subjected to ice-forming conditions. More particularly, the present invention relates to a de-icing and ice preventive composition for application to metallic surfaces, especially horizontal and vertical electric power conducting rails used with any speed, rapid transit systems, 'people movers', or trains, exposed to climatic icing conditions without interfering with the sliding metal-to-metal or carbon-to-metal contact required between the track and power contact appliances, for example brushes, of high speed rapid transit vehicles.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Litant, I
- Publication Date: 1973-11-2
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Deicers (Equipment); Deicing; Graphite; Ice; Patent applications; Railroad tracks; Silica gel; Surface active agents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deicers
- Old TRIS Terms: Cab-o-sil; Gpdot
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051590
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-412 263 Patent Apl
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 25 1974 12:00AM