RAIL GAGE APPARATUS
The invention relates to apparatus for measuring the gage of any given track, and more particularly, to apparatus which can be affixed to revenue producing trains which pass over the tracks in question and provide electrical signals representative of the gage of the track while the train travels at high speeds.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Wilmarth, R W
- Publication Date: 1973-7-12
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Gage (Rails); Modulation (Communications); Optical instruments; Optical measurement; Patent applications; Railroad tracks; Signal processing; Spacing
- Old TRIS Terms: Gpdot; Modulators; Track gauge
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051589
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-378-510 Patent Apl
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 25 1976 12:00AM