PROCEEDINGS OF THE THIRD UMTA R&D PRIORITIES CONFERENCE, CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS, NOVEMBER 1978. VOLUME VIII: ACCESS FOR ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS WORKSHOPS
This is a compilation of material that was presented at the Third UMTA R&D Priorities Conference Workshops on Access for Elderly and Handicapped Persons. Part I deals with planning and regulation and includes discussions of transportation problems of handicapped people and transportation policies and practices as they affect handicapped people. Part II, demonstrations and hardware, includes discussions of concepts under development in the area of transportation for the elderly and handicapped hardware research and development to improve transit for elderly and handicapped travellers, and a critique of research concerning transportation for the elderly and handicapped. This volume contains five resource papers which are summarized in Volume I of this multi-volume work along with summaries of other workshop sessions. Volume I also includes the proceedings of the general sessions and a listing of conference participants. These proceedings (Rpt. Nos. UMTA-DC-06-0157-79-1 thru UMTA-DC-06-0157-79-9) consist of nine separately titled volumes, namely: Volume I: Proceedings of General Sessions and Summarized Reports of Workshops; Volume II: Bus and Paratransit Technology Workshops; Volume III: AGT and Advanced Systems Workshops; Volume IV: Service and Methods Demonstration Workshops; Volume V: UMTA Special Technology Programs Workshops; Volume VI: Rail and Construction Technology; Volume VII: Transit Management Workshops; Volume VIII: Access for Elderly and Handicapped Persons Workshops; and Volume IX: Urban Transportation Planning Workshop.
- Record URL:
- Complete Proceedings presented in 9 volumes: Report Numbers UMTA-DC-06-0157-79-1 through 9.
Washington, DC United States 20036
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Access; Aged; Automated vehicle control; Buses; Conferences; Development; Guideways; Needs assessment; Paratransit services; Persons with disabilities; Policy; Public transit; Rail transit facilities; Rapid transit cars; Regulations; Research; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated transit system; Government policies; Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00302261
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0157-79-8
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70026
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 2002 12:00AM