EXCESSIVE TRUCK WEIGHT: AN EXPENSIVE BURDEN WE CAN NO LONGER SUPPORT--QUESTIONNAIRE SUMMARY
GAO sent a questionnaire to all States asking for information on truck weight laws, enforcement programs and methods, and back-ground data on their State Highway System. This report, summarizing the States' responses, is provided to help States evaluate their weight enforcement programs.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Law enforcement; Laws; Questionnaires; State government; State highways; Trucks; Trucks by weight; Weight
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00302244
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Monthly List of GAO Reports
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-79-94A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM