FINAL SUMMARY DATA REPORTS FOR STUDY P-1-63-FLEXIBLE PAVEMENT DESIGN--(CHIEFLAND, CRESTVIEW, LAKE WALES, PALM BEACH, MARIANNA)
In 1962, the Florida Department of Transportation prepared for a full-scale field evaluation of flexible pavement performance through the construction and testing of selected flexible pavement projects. These satellite projects were proposed to evaluate the AASHTO flexible pavement design criteria with regard to Florida conditions. A total of six projects were contemplated to study three principal variables (base materials, subgrade strength, and thickness design), and to account for climatic or environmental conditions through the construction of parallel projects in different sections of the state. This report presents a condensed version of the performance data generated and collected from the five projects that were actually completed under this study. These five projects are considered to have fulfilled the requirements of Study P-1-63, but it is planned to continue the surveillance and evaluation of the completed projects to determine the long-term behavior of Florida base course materials. /FHWA/
- This is a condensed version of a previously submitted report approved by the FHWA.
Gainesville, FL United States 32602
- McNamara, R L
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Evaluation; Flexible pavements; Pavement design; Pavement performance; Paving; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00302198
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-79-S0896 Final Rpt., FCP 45C3-162
- Contract Numbers: Study P-1-63
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM