GUIDELINES FOR CONE PENETRATION TEST. (PERFORMANCE AND DESIGN)
This manual presents procedures and guidelines applicable to the use of the cone penetration test. It represents the author's interpretation of the state-of-the-art in Dutch static cone testing as of February 1977. Its contents should provide assistance and uniformity to engineers concerned with the interpretation of the data obtained from such testing. Only geotechnical engineers familiar with the fundamentals of soil mechanics and foundation engineering should use this manual. The manual includes: Introduction and review of the general principals concerning cone penetrometer testing. Individual design chapters which address topics such as: pile design, shear strength estimation, settlement calculation and compaction control; and Appendices which present previously published, pertinent information on cone penetrometer testing.
- Record URL:
Schmertmann (JH)226 NW 14th Place
Gainesville, FL United States 32605
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Schmertmann, J H
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Cone penetrometers; Foundation engineering; Geotechnical engineering; Guidelines; Manuals; Penetrometers; Performance tests; Reviews; Shear strength; Soil mechanics; State of the art studies
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00302192
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-TS-78-209 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 6-3-0054
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM