ELECTRICAL CONTROL OF BULK MATERIAL HANDLING SYSTEMS
Modern high-speed high capacity bulk material handling control systems have grown from simple electrical interlocks between adjacent conveyors to sophisticated systems using the latest available equipment and techniques to optimize both system design and operation. This presentation is a review of the present state of the bulk material handling control field particularly as it applies to conveyor systems. Some examples of material flow and starting control are described, with a review of the equipment available to achieve these objectives.
- Contributed by the Materials Handling Engineering Division for presentation at the Joint Materials Handling Conference, Pittsburgh, Pa., Sept. 19-21, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Weston, F C
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Bulk cargo terminals; Control systems; Electric power; Marine terminals; System design
- Old TRIS Terms: Control systems design; Electric power system design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051517
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Soros Associates, Incorporated
- Report/Paper Numbers: 73-MH-17
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 18 1974 12:00AM