LABORATORY EVALUATION OF ALCOHOL SAFETY INTERLOCK SYSTEMS. VOLUME II. INSTRUMENT SCREENING EXPERIMENTS
The report contains the results of an experimental and analytical evaluation of instruments and techniques designed to prevent an intoxicated driver from operating his automobile. The prototype 'Alcohol Safety Interlock Systems' tested were developed both by private industry and by the Transportation Systems Center and were all drawn from a class of instruments which detect intoxication by measuring changes in the subjects ability to perform a psychomotor task. The final report consists of the following documents: Volume I, Summary Report - Contains an overview and summary of all the ASIS evaluation work performed through July 1972 and the results of the evaluation. Volume II, Instrument Screening Experiments - Contains details of the experiments conducted by the Guggenheim Center, Harvard School of Public Health, including experimental procedures, results and some preliminary data analyses. Volume III, Instrument Performance at High BAL - Contains the results of the experimental work performed by Dunlap and Associates, Inc., covering the performance of subjects with relatively high blood alcohol levels on selected instruments.
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 1, PB-224 284 and Volume 3, PB-224 702.
Harvard UniversityGuggenheim Center for Aerospace Health and Safety
Boston, MA United States 02115
- McFarland, R A
- Dougherty, J D
- Arees, E A
- Gird, J J
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 204 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohol effects; Alcohol ignition interlock devices; Alcohol use; Automobiles; Blood alcohol levels; Blood analysis; Drivers; Ethanol; Evaluation; Measuring instruments; Performance; Safety equipment; Visual perception
- Old TRIS Terms: Alcohol intoxication; Blood chemical analysis; Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00051507
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-213-1
- Files: NTIS, NTL
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM