Trading places : just over a century after it opened, the Panama Canal has undertaken the largest ever upgrade to its infrastructure in a move that stands to reshape world trade, writes James Baker -- It's only just begun : canal lock expansion offers new opportunities for Panama, writes James Baker -- Latin America to benefit from Panama expansion : terminal operators eye up opportunities following the opening of the canal's new locks, writes James Baker -- US ports prepare for larger boxships : the new Panama Canal locks may be able to take larger ships but can US east coast ports accommodate them? Nora Zhou reports on the preparations -- Canal boost to Florida Intermodal : the introduction of larger vessels transiting the Panama Canal could lead to an increase in cargoes delivered by rail to the southeast US states, writes Peter Hurme.
- Title from head of page 28.
- Publication Date: 2016-7
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: pages 28-34
- TRT Terms: Canals; Containerization
- Identifier Terms: Panama Canal
- Geographic Terms: Panama
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 01610156
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Sep 6 2016 10:23AM