MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS. PHASE II
The report is a summarization of a comprehensive and systematic in-depth study of 80 Multidisciplinary Accident Investigations that occurred in the Southern California area. The research was team a team effort of mechanical engineers, physicians, a psychologist, an automotive engineer, a pathologist, a mathematician, technicians, an analyst, secretaries and graduate and undergraduate students. The research includes a study of procedures utilized in investigating and reporting all collision involved aspects of the transportation system - the vehicle, the environment and the human, during each phase of the collision - pre-, at and post-crash. Findings, conclusions, and recommendations are presented, based on data from 80 cases.
- See also Phase I, PB-223 722.
University of Southern California, Los AngelesInstitute of Aerosapce Safety and Management
Los Angeles, CA USA 90007
- BAIRD, J D
- Sublett, F L
- Parkison, G A
- AUSTIN, E
- Pang, J M
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 420 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Design standards; Environment; Failure; Highways; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Research; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00051495
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USC-73 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-010-1-176
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM