RESUSCITATION FROM HYPOTHERMIA: A LITERATURE REVIEW
This report summarizes medical and scientific aspects of the general literature debate over rapid versus slow rewarming and selected specific rewarming approaches. The specific approaches were selected largely on the basis of being difficult to evaluate with in vivo experiments with human subjects. Findings in basic medical literature, research reports and clinical medical literature are analyzed leading to recommendations of the suitability of each specific therapy for use as a first-aid treatment in the field.
- Sponsored by the Coast Guard.
Clemson UniversityCollege of Engineering
Clemson, SC United States 29631
- Harnett, R M
- Sias, F R
- Pruitt, J R
- Publication Date: 1979-2-14
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash exposure; First aid; Hypothermia; Survival
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exposure (Human)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00301640
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-26-79 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-72074-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM