MASS TRANSIT TECHNOLOGY: A COMPREHENSIVE SURVEY OF VEHICULAR HARDWARE
An inventory of mass transit hardware has been compiled, tabulated in an organized format and classified first according to the most appropriate functional usage and then according to physical attributes. Information conveyed includes background data, vehicle description, vehicle performance, system characteristics, land use, costs and considerations, significant advantages and disadvantages and illustrations. The inventory is to be reviewed not only as a collection of specific transit vehicles and example systems but also with attention given to the advances in vehicle component technology represented therein.
- Prepared in cooperation with New York State Assembly Scientific Staff, rept. no SS-304. Sponsored in part by Urban Mass Transportation Administration. Master's thesis.
Rensselaer Polytechnic InstituteSchool of Engineering
Troy, NY United States 12180
- Sibley, K S
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Financing; Land use; Market research; Passenger cars; Public transit; Rapid transit; Reviews; Surveys; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051482
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GT-32162
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1981 12:00AM