URBAN RAPID RAIL VEHICLE AND SYSTEMS PROGRAM
The report reviews the second year's efforts of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration's Urban Rapid Rail Vehicle and Systems Program. The objective of the program is to enhance the attractiveness of rail rapid transit to the urban traveler by providing him with transit vehicles that are as comfortable, reliable, safe and economical as possible. Review of the BART prototype testing has been completed. The State-of-the-Art Car (SOAC) was delivered and tested at the High Speed Ground Test Center. The full-scale SOAC mockup has been exhibited in several cities. The design and specification development phase of the Advanced Concept Train (ACT-1) was completed.
- See also report dated Jul 72, PB-212 848.
Boeing CompanyVertol Division, Surface Transportation Systems Department
Philadelphia, PA USA 19142
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economic factors; Factor analysis; Human factors engineering; Innovation; Light rail vehicles; Management; Motor vehicles; Passenger cars; Performance evaluations; Planning; Project management; Public relations; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Reviews; Technological innovations; Tests; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car); U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects
- Old TRIS Terms: Act-1 advanced concept train; Concepts; Management planning; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051471
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DI-74-10021-1 Ann Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1981 12:00AM