FREQUENCY-DEPENDENT ELASTOMER SUSPENSION COMPONENTS FOR FAST TRAINS
Requirements for a frequency-dependent spring, with little hysteresis, and for a damping material with little change of modulus with frequency were investigated together, as frequency-dependence of modulus and hysteresis are closely related. Dynamic test data on a variety of polyester urethanes are presented and shown to be consistent with an amorphous domain structure. The hysteresis correlates well with the rate of change of modulus with frequency.
- Rubbercon 72, Institute of Rubber Conference Proceedings, 15-19 May 1972.
Institute of Rubber IndustriesLondon, England
- BATCHELOR, J
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Elastomers; High speed rail; Spring; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051464
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceed
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 9 1976 12:00AM